Here is a tutorial on how to use a blank query with SharePoint.Contents( ) to import a Teams folder and combine its content in Power BI Desktop.
The following step-by-step demonstration shows how to import a Teams folder in Power BI Desktop and to combine its content.
The tutorial is also valid for a SharePoint or OneDrive folder.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to follow in Power BI Desktop to import and combine a Teams folder content:
- In TEAMS, browse to the required folder and Open in app one of its files.
- The file will open locally on your computer.
- Under the File menu, access the Info section and click on the copy path button
- Paste the path in Notepad
- In Power BI Desktop, under the Home menu, click on Transform Data
- In the Power Query window, under the Home menu, click on New Source > Blank Query
- In the formula bar, enter: = SharePoint.Contents (“https://MonOrganisation.sharepoint.com/sites/MonÉquipe/”)
- i.e. Copy-paste the SharePoint url root, from Notepad
- Enter your Microsoft account credentials, if requested
- Under the Content column, click on Table on the Documents line
- Then click on Table on each line matching the path to the desired folder, until the folder’s files are listed
- Click on the double arrow icon in the Content column header
- In the First File preview window, make required selections and click OK
- The combined folder content will be displayed, eventually!