On the Microsoft online documentation, you will find different options to Connect to a SharePoint Folder. Yet the troubleshooting scenarios do not suit the needs of many clients.
Here is a step-by-step demonstration on how to import a SharePoint folder in Power BI Desktop and to combine its content.
The tutorial is also valid for a OneDrive folder.
Here are the step-by-step instructions to follow in Power BI Desktop to import and combine a SharePoint folder content:
- Under the Home menu, click on Get Data
- Select the SharePoint Folder option
- Copy-paste the SharePoint url root, where your folder is located
- Enter your Microsoft account credentials, if needed
- In the content preview window, click on Transform Data
- In the Power Query window, Filter on the Folder Path column, with the option “Ends with”
- Enter the last levels of the path to your folder (Ex: /Power BI/Demo/Budget/)
- Click on the double arrow icon in the Content column header
- In the First File preview window, make required selections and click OK
- The Power Query window will probably get minimized: browse to return
- The combined folder content will be displayed.